05 August 2017

RPGaDAY 2017: Day 05

5. Which RPG cover best captures the spirit of the game?

The answer depends on one's preferred style of play on one hand and the fidelity of the illustration to both the game designer's intent and how accurately the rules reflect the genre or subject of the game. I don't know and I don't care terribly much. Instead, I choose the two RPG covers that most captured my imagination when I joined the hobby: Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (by the phantasmagorical Erol Otus) and Traveller (as in Classic).

Cover of Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (art by Erol Otus), a role-playing game published by TSR.

Cover of Traveller, a role-playing game published by Game Designers' Workshop.

[For more information on #RPGaDAY (or #RPGaDAY2017 specifically), read this.]

No comments:

Post a Comment